Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tooth Brushing

I was reading the October edition of Real Simple (gasp... I actually found a moment to read a mag!) this last week and came across an article that interested me. Brainpower Boosts. Although staying at home with my children is incredibly rewarding, I sometimes feel like my brain has become a little mushy... a brainpower boost sounded very intriguing.

Most of the article talked about doing things out of routine by exercising your 5 senses... switching lunches with a coworker, having a silent supper (I almost started rolling on the floor laughing out loud at that... hello, I have a 2 and 4 year old), trying to remember your grocery list when shopping (puh-lease... I would literally end up spending 5 hours getting groceries with 2 unhappy preschoolers... don't think so).

Anyway... there was one that I felt like I could try... switching up my tooth brushing routine. Listen to this... using your non dominant hand while brushing your teeth "challenges your brain to exercise nerve cells on the side that you don't typically use. Fighting cavities and memory loss." So, I tried it and I must report.... IT IS SOOOOOO HARD to brush your teeth with your left hand! Really, it is. But, if I do say so myself, I feel like my brain is firing at crazy impressive levels now. ;)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Girl, you crack me up. I'll have to try the left-handed teeth brushing tonight. It would be nice if my brain were "firing at crazy impressive levels" for a change!