Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Run, Run, As fast as you can! You can't catch me...

Oh, who am I kidding, you probably could catch me, but at least I'm running! :)

My friend Lauren and I started running a month or so ago. Up until this stretch of running, I used to really hate to move so quickly. I loved to exercise, but running was not on my list of most wonderful options. Step aerobics, now that's what I'm talkin' about... I can step with the best of 'em. But I digress...

So... Lauren invites me to run a few weeks ago and I accept because, well.. I have a hard time telling people no... and I thought it would be beneficial for my health and for the wonderful moods that I experience (please don't misunderstand... I did not say that I was MOODY... just that I experience different moods:).

Anyway... I think the reason that I've enjoyed running this time around is because of the way we have gone about it. We didn't go outside on our first day and try to plow through our first couple miles, go home exhausted and then never run again (I may have done that before). Instead we've been gradual and it has made such a huge difference! We've been using a program called From Couch to 5k... it's awesome! Check it out... their program can even help train you train for a marathon if you are crazy like that.

So, once you get all trained and in shape... come on down and we'll race! ;)

1 comment:

MamaOnTheRun33 said...

Welcome to the world of running - glad you're hooked! :) I've heard good things about the Couch to 5K program. You're smart to take it slow and listen to your body. Sounds like you're glad you did! :)
Yay!!!