Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dirt and stuff...

Today is the first day in 2011 that I have dirt under my fingernails... and it won't be the last!!!  I am so excited!!!

I spent the afternoon digging in the dirt and cleaning off mulch looking to see what kind of perennials we have inherited.  I found some green hiding under there!!! One of my 30 B4 30 goals was to plant perennials at our new house, but I'm not sure that I will need to plant much, if any.  The woman who lived here before did a lot of landscaping and I'm excited to see what grows in the next few months.

Last fall (before we moved) I made a list of vegetables I wanted to grow this year and a plan for a sunflower hut for the kids to play in... doesn't that sound wonderfully fun???  Earlier in the week I drew my picture of where everything would go.  I also checked my compost for the first time since fall... it's ready!  I'm ready.  Bring it spring.

No comments: