Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Zephaniah 3:17

I have finally decided what Scripture I want to memorize during the 1st couple weeks of February.  Normally I will read something and immediately know... that's it... I gotta memorize it.   This month, not so much... but today I found a verse in Zephaniah that I love.  As I wrote it in my notebook, I realized that all the verses I've learned this year are verse 17... James 1:17, Psalm 90:17... and now Zephaniah 3:17.  Isn't that crazy weird???

Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is might to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

Is that not beautiful??!!  These words take me right to my happy place.  We've just got to know and believe that the God of the Universe cares so deeply for each of us... He delights over us... He quiets us... He sings over us...

2 comments:

erin said...

This verse changed my view of God when I was in high school. Before that I'd always looked at Him as a God who loved us but stood viewing us from afar in a somewhat disinterested way. Seeing this verse and discovering that He rejoiced over us and sang over us dumbfounded me. I was amazed the Creator of the universe had so much joy for us. This verse takes me to my happy place, too :).

Melinda said...

This verse meant the world to me in college (still does). I remember reading it for the first time after I heard "The Father's Song" (sang by Matt Redman) which is based upon this verse. Good stuff.