Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Five 4 Friday

I've been on the quiet side around here this week.... trying to get back in routine after being away for a few days is difficult for me.  Even now I'm still sitting in my workout clothes needing to take my first shower of the day.  Here's 5 random thoughts for you on this Friday!
  1. I was at Target this morning getting a gift for my nephews 1st Birthday and saw that the Reese's Easter Eggs are out... I also spotted the Cadbury Chocolate Eggs with the hard candy coating.  My two favorite Easter Candies.  I didn't buy them today mainly because I can't believe what they want to charge for holiday candy, but next pay check, I'm on it.
  2. Sadie has had a much better week going to school!  The first thing out of her mouth in the morning is always, "Is it a school day???" and if it is, she frets until time to go (which unfortunately isn't until 12:30), but drop off is much better!  I'm not sure what's changed other than a lot of prayer... I also told her on her way Wednesday that she isn't going to be afraid to go to school forever, which seemed to calm her... sometimes you just need to know that some of your struggles are only for a season.
  3. I was looking at Cole's head this last week, enjoying how perfectly round it is and the nice ridge he has.  So thankful yet again for his helmet therapy and for the people who so graciously gave to help meet that need for our family
  4. I recently read that on average, a stay-at-home mom only spends 15 extra intentional minutes  a day with their child than a working mom.  That stat stopped me dead in my tracks.  It's easy to just let the kids play, watch a show, whatever... while you clean, do dishes, check Facebook, do laundry, check Facebook, blog etc.  Sure thinking about how I spend my time and working to be more intentional to just sit and play with my kids.
  5. We got another snow here yesterday.  Can I just say I am so over the snow???  I should have known it would happen because yesterday morning I mopped all the wood floors, getting the grit off from the last snow.  No more mopping until I see green on the trees.  Just kidding... kinda.

No comments: