Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Emotions

When we moved into our house we inherited an extremely large mirror on our bedroom door.  I really kind of like it, but it can scare to poo out of you if you catch your reflection in it at the wrong time.  The kids also like it.  The other day we were sitting on the floor making faces at each other in the mirror... one thing led to another and then we decided to turn it into a game.  I would tell them an emotion and then they would have to make the face to match.  Then we would talk about what things made us feel that way.  They thought the face making was hil-ar-i-ous... and some of their faces were too!  My favorite was their surprised face.  Cole's was especially oh-so-cute.  There's something about being two that makes you that way... as long as you aren't throwing a fit.

Anyway, a couple days after that I found this painting activity dealing with emotions.  It sounds really awesome.  I am hoping to do it with the kids later this week... you know how we love painting.  Excited to see what colors they choose for each emotion.  Just wanted to pass it along to my parent/teacher readers!  Hope it makes you HAPPY! :)

No comments: