Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Teacher Face

Yesterday I had to put on my teacher face.  I am a pretty patient person... but there are times when the teacher face is necessary.  Eric says he's glad he's not a child anymore because my teacher face scares him.  I am pretty intimidating, you know.

I needed to jump in the shower yesterday morning.  Before I hopped in I did my famous, "Does anyone need anything before I get in the shower," speech.  There were no takers, so I went ahead and gathered my things and went to clean up.

About 5 minutes in, Sadie comes to me telling me she wants a hot dog.  Where was she when I did the speech???  I told her she would need to wait... it was not safe for her to try to warm a hot dog herself (she's tried the microwave by herself before... not.good!).

She moseyed off to do who-knows-what... what really takes place when mom's in the shower, anyway???  Apparently all things exciting because next thing I know she's back telling me I need to come quick.  With conditioner in my hair I jump out of the shower, grab a towel and run through the dining room into the kitchen to find the dog snarfing down hot dogs as quickly as he can... expensive all-beef Hebrew National dogs... they are not hot dogs suited for a canine.  Dripping wet, I quickly start snatching hot dogs (did I mention I bought the family size pack of 24???) off the floor in attempt to rescue them. 

Apparently Sadie went ahead with her hot dog warming (after all, she only needed to press 2-0-start... so she says) and in the process Cole decided to help.  He was the poor soul who ended up dumping the dogs on the floor and Boston-the-Wonder-Dog was just an innocent bystander willing to help clean up the mess.

Insert teacher face.  Mama wasn't happy.  Wanna come over for a hot dog???

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm sure this was not funny at the time, but reading it has me laughing out loud! I can just picture the scene.

Girl, if I lived closer, we could take turns watching each other's kids so that once in awhile we would each get a long, peaceful shower. I hardly remember the days of uninterrupted showers anymore!