Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scripture Memory

I am a little slow at getting here on this Monday (and didn't have the chance to blog yesterday)... I was able to spend today with my friends again. This is a rarity... twice in one month... lately we've been on the 3-4 times a year plan. Super blessed.

Anyway, in my last post I said that I would post the scripture that I am memorizing or have memorized this month and I also wanted to show you how I keep track of what I memorize. Sometimes if you can see what others are doing, it's just inspiring to get out there and do the same thing!

A few years ago I began using spiral notepads for memory.
I like that everything stays together in one place instead of having notes here and there with random verses... but sometimes you just need a change... so this time around, Eric shared one of his Moleskines with me. Isn't that a weird name for a little black notebook?
Anyway... I like it, and it makes me happy and motivated to pull it out and review my verses. Here's what I memorized at the top of the month...

James 1:17NIV
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
(I actually chose this verse to memorize around Christmas... doesn't it sound all festive with gifts and lights?! ;)

And the new one I'm working on...
Psalm 90:17NIV
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
(God's favor upon our family and ministry has been something I've been praying over us for the last 6-8 months... I also like that this verse adds for the Lord to establish our work - to show us what to do!!!)

Hope this is encouragement for you to grab your Bible and begin the journey... or continue the journey of hiding God's Word in your heart... His Word is living and active and will never come back void.

No comments: