Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

30 B4 30 Update Edition 2 + a change

I didn't really make any New Year's Resolutions this year because I've been working hard at completing my 30 B4 30 list... it has really been A LOT of fun and caused me to be more focused in different areas than normal (apart from cleaning, cooking and keeping kids alive). I'm considering making a similar list at every Birthday in the years to come. Here is the list of some simple things (and not so simple things) I want to accomplish before my 30th Birthday. In case you're wondering... what I have done so far is in gray scale!!!

1. Learn to make homemade lemonade.
2. Teach Sadie to tie her shoes. (We have been working on this... slow going, though... her kindergarten teacher will be so happy next year when she can do this!)
3. Complete reading through the Bible. Continued progress... changing my reading schedule up a bit since our Church is doing B90X (a 90 day read through the New Testament.
4. Hike a new park we've discovered and Coronado Heights.
5. Take the kids fishing. I did find a fishing pole on sale for Cole this week at Target... won't be doing any fishing in the Midwest for a while, though!
6. Take Eric on a surprise date.
7. Get photo albums updated - this could take an eternity.
8. Bake cinnamon rolls like Cooke. (I'm not sure it's the exact recipe, but it's pretty darn close, and I could eat the entire pan.)
9. Save for my 30th Birthday cruise getaway with Eric. On our way and getting passports this week! Woot!
10. Get pictures secured in Cole's baby book.
11. Invite 30 people to CrossPoint. Making progress, but I'm afraid I've lost count on where I'm at!
12. Take a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge.
13. Get 6 hours of college credit to renew my teaching certificate. 3 are complete!
14. Read 5 books every season. (Summer season DONE and Fall season with 20 more pages to go! Will post new books this next week!)
15. Plant annuals at our new home - Lord let us be in our new home by the time I'm 30! Praise the Lord we are here!!!
16. Get a good picture of a Kansas sunset.
17. Meditate/Memorize 5 segments of scripture: This is the one I'm editing! :)
Daniel 2:20-23
Psalm 131
Deuteronomy 10:12-13
2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Isaiah 30:18
18. Make plans to travel to CO to be with Brady, Janelle and Katelyn in December or January.
19. Take 20 minutes every month to just be still. (This is probably going to be the hardest thing on my list.) - I stink at this... I told you so!
20. Learn to make homemade bread without using the bread machine.
21. Take cookies to our neighbors.
22. Play a board game I've never played before.
23. Search Goodwill for a glass cake cover for my cake plate. My friend, Shauna, actually gifted me with one from a garage sale!!!
24. Find the address of where my grandpa grew up and then find the house.
25. Take treats to the fire station and police station.
26. Research photography and picture editing.
27. Build a snowman with the kids (normally I make Eric do this because I HATE the cold).
28. Have family pictures taken.
29. Get a good photo of a church I've been wanting to take pictures of off of the highway.
30. Send two packages to our World Vision child, Vilma, this year. (Sent one off for Christmas!)

_________________________________________________

Okay... so about #17... I have issues with changing things up. For some reason I feel like every little thing must be set in stone... but I think I need to get over that. I am loosing motivation on the verses here for a couple reasons - I feel defeated by their length AND while at one point these were verses I was passionate over, I have now moved into a new season of life with new scripture that is meaningful. I feel the more meaningful a certain verse is, the more apt you are to take it to heart through memory... so, maybe it's better to choose a verse right before you are ready to memorize??!!

Anyway, all that to say... I love reading Beth Moore's blog and this year she is doing a Scripture Memory Challenge, so I've decided to take part. Basically it's memorizing 2 verses every month... they are sharing them on the Living Proof Ministry Blog on the 1st and 15th every month, but it's better accountability for me to post them here every month. I have already memorized one and have selected my second for January... I will share them with you on Monday!

So... #17 will now read: Participate in Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Challenge! :)

No comments: