Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Simply Delicious!

Last night I (Eric, too!) made Caribbean Style Shrimp Skewers... they were so yummy that I thought I'd pass along the recipe! I should have taken a picture so you could have seen our plating presentation... maybe we should be the next Food Network Stars!

Caribbean Style Shrimp Skewers
In a small bowl combine:
1 1/2 t. Olive Oil
Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Crushed Red Pepper to taste
1 t. lime zest
1 1/2 T cilantro, chopped
3 T fresh lime juice
Mix and set aside.

36 shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact (about 1 pound)
2 medium zucchinis in 1/2 inch slices
2 bell peppers in bite size pieces

Thread shrimp and veggies on skewers. Brush with Oil/Lime Mixture and grill 6 minutes on each side. We served it over couscous and it was soooooo yummy! :) Happy grilling!

P.S. Those of you with little ones... the Oil/Lime mix was too spicy with the pepper in it for Sadie. Next time I will add the pepper to the mix after I prepare her skewer!

No comments: