Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

1 Corinthians 1:5


"For in Him I have been enriched in every way!"
- 1 Corinthians 1:5


Here's a few of our highlights from 2008:
- On 6/7/08, Eric and I celebrated 5 years together! How can 5 years can go by so quickly??? I consider it a great privilege and blessing to be married to such a man of honor and integrity.
- Sadie is potty trained! We started this incredible journey mid-June and I must say that it was not completed until the end of December! Some training takes longer than others, I guess... but I'm happy to report that we've only had 3 accidents in the last 2 weeks! My washing machine is happy... and so are we! :)
- We got to welcome baby boy, Cole William Franklin on 08/08/08 at 9:24AM! He weighed in a whopping 5 pounds 10 ounces and was 19 inches long. Big sister Sadie is very pleased with him. He is truly a precious gift from the Lord.
- Eric has had some stretching time as he just finished up preaching a 6 week series. A series that the Lord must have felt passionate about, as we've seen hearts softened and people respond to Him. His last week preaching, one of the senior adults turned to me and said, "Now aren't your proud of that man you married?" (And in case you're wondering... the answer is YES!) We're anxious to see what the Lord does with this church and with us as we continue to seek His heart in ministry.

This is the first year in decades that I've thought about New Year's Resolutions, but here's the goals that I've set for the year...
- Exercise 3 times per week... Eric bought me a new aerobic step for Christmas and I love, love, love it!
- I'd like to start reading 1 book of the Bible per month. I always feel defeated by read the Bible in a year plans... mainly because I usually get lost somewhere in Lamentations and can never seem to find my way out. In January I'm reading through and studying Esther, as I'm preparing to start Beth Moore's newest Esther study with my neighbor and a few other girls!
- Sadie and I are going to begin scripture memory. The girl has an incredible memory and can memorize almost any song she hears. The time is now... so we are going to be infusing scripture into that little brain of hers.
- Here is my book list for the year:
The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
The 1st Born Advantage by Kevin Leman
Looking Up When Life is Looking Down by Beth Moore
Walking with God by John Eldredge
The Mommy Diaries (our MOPS book for the year)
Teach them Diligently by Lou Priolo
God Wants to Save Christians by Rob Bell

Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Would love to hear your highlight of '08 and aspirations for '09! Jesus bless you!

2 comments:

Eric Franklin said...

I think I might print this one off and save it for evidence. It has been a great year and all the better because I spent it with you!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for being so transparent with all of us, Kristen! It is great to see how God has been using you & Eric over the last 5 years (and counting)! Time flies, doesn't it! Love you, my friend! Hugs!