Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A question w/o an answer

On a recent road trip Eric asked me, "What are you thinking???" That's a common question around here... so-much-so that Sadie will ask us what we're thinking these days. :) Normally I can reply with, "Nothing"... mainly because I have this amazing talent of being able to shut down all avenues of thought when I'm not caring for children... Eric is very jealous (apparently he's always thinking... who knew such a thing could happen).... BUT on this day, I had been consumed with a question. A question that I've considered since...

Why did God choose to bless America?

In case you haven't noticed, we are an incredibly blessed nation! Cars, homes (with flooring, insulated walls, decor etc.), heat, air-conditioning, running water, bathrooms, beds for every person in our home, electricity, furniture, television, food, clothes, shoes (and if your a woman, one pair doesn't seem to do), computers... the list could go on... There are so many things that God has revealed to me lately to remind me, "See, I'm choosing to bless you today."

So why is it that God chose to bless our nation... my family??? There are so many other countries around the world that He could have chosen to bless in the same way. Why not them? Or why didn't he choose to spread out the blessings a little more evenly among us all? Would people all over the world more readily recognize, understand and accept His love if they were receiving such great blessing?

These questions have been driving me CrAzY!!!! And in the midst of this muddle, I hear His quiet whisper, "My child, my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So... I wait, being humbled in Him, trusting in His provision and when I meet Him face to face... "Why me? Why us? Why not them?" And in the meantime, thank you Jesus for choosing me... for choosing America. May He receive the glory, honor and praise that is due unto Him.

1 comment:

Scaly Bird Legs said...

I think it is an Irwin blessing to not be able to think about anything! I know that I often am thinking about nothing. I think that is why my brain doesn't overheat! :)