Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

What God can do in a year...

Since Eric and I have been married, we have found great significance in the timing of 12 months. In every big decision we have made, God has taken us through a year long journey to get where we are going... becoming parents (that one was a 12 month wait + 41 week pregnancy), finding a home in Augusta, waiting for an answer to the question "where next" when we knew God was calling us somewhere new, and the year long journey to this new city as we've waited for God to tie up all of our loose ends! By looking at this list, it would appear that we have spent 4/7 years of our marriage waiting on the Lord... kind of humorous, actually. It is with great joy that I announce today, that God has completely delivered us, yet again, to a new milestone on our journey called life!

Exactly a year ago today, we loaded up trucks and made a trip to a new city to start a satellite church off of a church in Hutchison, KS. Everything was getting ready to change... Eric's job, pay, home, friends... everything familiar would be completely different. Scary for a girl that loves consistency, routine, and predictability.

When we were called to this ministry, we were confident that this was were we were to be, but there were a lot of unknowns to this move... Would I need to work? Where would we live? How would we get insurance? What would our new roles look like??? God has been more than faithful to us. He's continued to allow me to stay home (apart for subbing some Monday's), He's provided us a way to receive insurance in January. AND just this month, He's provided us a home that is perfect for ministry. As far as our roles go... well, we are still learning what that looks like! ;)

As I look back on the fear and uncertainty that came with moving here, I'm so thankful that He pushed us to step into the unknown. That He didn't allow us to become comfortable and complacent with where we were or with what we were doing. That he stretched us to trust Him even more than we ever thought imaginable.

I must admit, 12 months seems SO long when your heart is already pointing you in a new direction... yet I am finding that our times of waiting have been vital in becoming who God has created us to be. If your are in a season of waiting, hold fast. The tedious days are worth the incredible blessing!

"My soul, waits in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold;
I shall not be shaken."
Psalm 62:5-6 (emphasis mine)

Celebrating our days in this great place! Looking forward to what God's up to next!

No comments: