Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

While You Were Waiting...

We are constantly waiting... waiting at the stop light, waiting to see the doctor, waiting for our supper to be ready, waiting for our child to go potty, waiting in the Walmart line(I always pick the WRONG one... you know what I mean!)... those waits seem trivial compared to some... waiting to get married, waiting to have a baby, waiting for a job, waiting for health results about a loved one... the lists could go on and on!!!

Eric and I have been through many waiting periods in our 5+ years of marriage. We actually joke about it because it seems that God ALWAYS takes us through seasons of waiting before we get to enjoy HIS blessings! I think He allows us to wait for many reasons... to develop perseverance/endurance, to teach us to rely on his provision, to grow us in His Word, to teach us to trust Him with every ounce of our being... and don't you think those times of waiting cause us to enjoy His blessings more fully???

Nonetheless, Eric and I are at another point in our lives where we get to wait on God! I'm so thankful that during these times, He chooses to encourage us along the way. Here are some of my scripture journalings and quotes from the last few months... may you also be encouraged while you wait!

- Micah 7:7
"As for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior,
my God will hear me."

- Psalm 37:3-7a
"Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
trust in Him and He will do this.
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."

- "When I am consumed by my problems - stressed out about my life, my family, and my job - I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important that God's command to always rejoice." - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

- Psalm 38:15
"I will wait for you, O Lord;
you will answer, O Lord my God."

- "To many of us panic in the dark. We don't understand that it's a holy dark and that the idea is to surrender to it and journey through it to real light." - Sue Monk Kidd

- "Waiting on anything in a world that constantly urges us to hurry is one of the hardest disciplines of going deep with God. First it's hard because it requires patience. Second, it's hard because there are so many noises and pseudo-urgencies that seem to drown out God's voice in our lives. And third, it's hard because, if we're honest, we're probably waiting on something or someone else to bring us the 'desires' of our hearts." - Maggie and Duffy Robbins, Enjoy the Silence

- "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

- Isaiah 49:23
"I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."

My Jesus bless you as you wait on His perfect timing!

2 comments:

erin said...

You've been in my prayers! I am praying for your peace as you wait on Him. It looks like He is blessing you in your patience!

Cara said...

Hi Kristen (and family)!
I just saw you put this link on facebook and wanted to check it out. This is great--I like to write in a blog sometimes also; it's faster to catch up with more people!
Then, I saw this link and thought of you:
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7918589&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=PSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Enjoy! You have a beautiful family by the way..your kids are precious!
Cara