Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Roll a Pumpkin



I really enjoy holidays. Like, really, enjoy them. I love decorating, I love cooking to match the season, and as my kids get older, I love the holiday games, activities and conversations we get to have.

This week, I was trying to think of something to do with Sadie. Sadie's favorite things to do are play board games, do crafts and bake... but I was looking for something that wouldn't require a huge mess or 111 board game cards strewn all over the living room floor. I remembered a game I used to play with my 1st graders... "Roll a Pumpkin." Actually, we played it every season, just switched it up a bit.... you know, "Roll a Turkey," "Roll a Snowman" etc.

You will need a dice, some paper and crayons. As you roll, look at the chart to see what part of your pumpkin you get to draw. If you roll a number you've already drawn, skip your turn. First person to make a complete pumpkin wins!

Happy Pumpkining! :)

2 comments:

Jessie said...

What an awesome game idea. I think I'm going to play this with my niece when she spends the night this weekend.

Melinda said...

How neat! Have to remember that one for Daniel when he gets a little older.