Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sonic Drink and Moz. Sticks, Anyone???

I HATE paying bills. It is perhaps the most mundane and depressing household responsibility I have come in contact with thus far.

When I was teaching, bill pay was Eric's job... then I started staying home with the children and it became my duty... I try to balance the checkbook and pay the bills weekly BUT it is the job I put off until the latest possible minute. The house has to be quiet. I have to pray that the process does not make me incredibly grouchy (which it normally does). And, I have to put on some tunes to try to make the process go by quickly.

Well, since this is a job I desperately despise... and I complain about it every week, Eric has agreed to start helping me with the process. We are trying to think of a way to make this job incredibly fun instead of dreadful... our conversation before he left for a meeting tonight...

E: Tonight's gonna be so fun!!!
Me: Why??? Because we're having nachos??? (We're trying out this seasons batch of salsa tonight.)
E: Noooo... because we're paying bills!!! We have to make this fun so we look forward to it every week!
Me: What can we do???
E: Maybe we should buy ourselves a really big Sonic drink and an order of Mozzarella Sticks to split every week.
Me: LOL... what if we don't have the extra money to buy a drink and Mozzarella Sticks?
E: Well, at least we won't know until we are done balancing the checkbook and paying the bills!!!

Seriously??? It looks like bill pay is going to take us to the poor house and make us fat!!! Looking forward to our first bill pay party tonight... if you want to join in, come on over... the entry fee is $25/head. We'll share our drink and Moz. Sticks with anyone who is interested!!!

3 comments:

erin said...

I think treats are a great idea! Anything to make it a little easier and a little happier...

Lisa said...

NO FAIR!!! We need to meet again so Eric can talk to Ernie about this. After all his last talk with Ernie went very well. Maybe he can help me again.

thatbradguy said...

two words... "auto pay"... or is that really one word?