Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Never throw a ball over the house... EVER.

I don't have a whole lot of "naughty" childhood stories to share... I was pretty compliant, Brady and I didn't have too many squabbles (however, I did break his arm once), I didn't have any sisters to steal my underwear or traumatize me for the rest of my life... I guess you could say that I had a kinda boring childhood. There is one story I do recall though...

Brady and I must have been about 5 and 7... I was the oldest, therefore the wisest (Still am. Oh, and I'm the prettiest, too!). We were playing outside with a ball when one of us came up with the brilliant idea to see who could throw the ball over the roof into the back yard. Being the wisest, prettiest and SMARTEST of the two, I suggested that Brady try this first. He gave it a try, alright... the ball didn't quite make it over the roof... instead, it made it to the window. You can imagine the rest of the story from here. :)

Had a flashback of this event last week as Sadie was playing with one of our little friends, Hunter. She suggested they try to throw a ball over the house to which I replied... "Oh Sadie, we never throw a ball over the house... EVER."

1 comment:

Sami said...

My sister and I used to play catch over the house all the time. I even practiced volleyball using the roof of the house. We did it over the garage though, clear of any windows.