Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sadie Turns Three! :)

Seriously... how is it possible that three years can go by so quickly???

I will never forget welcoming little Sadie into our lives after praying so desperately for a child for well over a year... the moment seeing Eric hold her for the first time is forever etched into my mind (after 17 hours of labor, somehow he got to hold her first... what's up with that???). It seems that a wait makes the Lord's blessings so much more sweet. I am so thankful for this precious little life that God has entrusted to us.

Here's some highlights from Sadie's Birthday Party. She had decided several months ago that she had wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Party... so we ran with that and bought some stuff along the way. :) Up until a couple weeks ago she was cool with Strawberry until Eric's mom shared with her that her daddy had a Spider-man Party when he was 3... guess who then wanted Spider-man??? We decided that if she still liked Spider-man when she was 4 THEN we can celebrate Spider-man-style.

Here's the cake... I made my 1st attempt at doing a 500 thousand star cake. And it's Retro-Strawberry, nonetheless (I love how the things I grew up with are now RETRO!!!).
Savoring the moment....
Posing with the presents...
I think she really liked her Roller Skates....
And a little fun at the park with our friends...

3 comments:

Linda Born said...

Love the photo of the three beautiful girls--and look at Sadie's little outstretched arm!

Melinda said...

You made that cake?!? All I can say is WOW! How can Sadie be 3 already? It seems like just yesterday that you called to tell me she had arrived. She is absolutely precious, Kristen.

Kate and Dennis said...

That cake is AWESOME! Takes me back :)