Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something Yummy...

Don't you love the Crock-Pot??? Here's a simple recipe we tried last week while my mom was visiting. She had heard about it from one of her friends and it was so yummy!!! I'm not really sure the name of it, so we'll call it...

Yummy Mexican Chicken
2 chicken breasts (already *cooked & shredded)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can of corn, drained
1/2 pkg of taco seasoning or 1 1/2 T homemade (I'll have to share my recipe sometime)
1/2 cup salsa

Mix all ingredients together and cook in the crock pot on low for 4 hours. This is yummy served in a tortilla with some shredded cheese and sour cream OR I ate it leftover on lettuce with some Creamy Italian and crushed tortilla chips. Oh so yummy... and if you're calculating Weight Watcher points, it's only 4 points for 1/2 cup!

* I cook a bag of frozen chicken breasts ahead of time in the crock pot (chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper - cook on low for 5 hours) and then shred it, baggie it in 1 cup portions & freeze it for meals. It makes prep time a snap and is easy to throw in casseroles, chicken salads etc.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh this sounds so good. I will definitely try it. So, you just put a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot to cook? I will have to try this too! Cooking meat for casserole and such is always soooo inconvenient. I am a lazy cook. Recipes have to have a short prep time or I get impatient!

Sunflower-Family said...

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
3 Frozen skinless chicken breasts
1/2 (12 oz) BBQ sauce
1/4 c. italian salad dressing
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

3-4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low. Very Yummy.

I'll try your recipe too!

erin said...

I'm curious about your cooking chicken in the crock pot, too. Do you cook them dry? Or do you throw in some chicken broth? I'm excited to know of a super easy way to cook all those chicken breasts at once!

Kristen said...

I throw them in when they're frozen and season them up with what we like... you don't need any liquid... they will make enough juices of their own to keep them moist. :)