Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Augusta Strikes AGAIN!

You may remember my recent post on the Augusta Water Report... you know, the one about us having the "Best Tasting Water in Kansas???" I tell you... this city never ceases to amaze me. This week we received a "Sewer Cleaning Notification."

Eric and I have been homeowners for a little over six years and have never heard of a city sewer cleaning - so this is either something special that Augusta does or our previous community never informed us of such an exciting event. The notification shared that "sometime this week" our sewers would be cleaned and that we should know that the sewer lines can develop pressure during the cleaning process that is supposed to dissipate through your plumbing vents (wherever those are) BUT if there is an inadequate venting, the pressure could escape through your sinks, toilets, showers etc. Doesn't that sound lovely??? So to keep this from happening we are to cover floor drains with plastic and weights, cover toilets with plastic and close toilet lids and if you smell an "unpleasant odor" you are to run water to refill the traps.

I guess the moral of this great story is...
- My sewer system is gonna be "so fresh and so clean, clean" by Friday
- AND that if you need to potty at my house, be sure to pull back the plastic before doing your business. HA! Like I'm going to cover my toilet when I have a potty-trainer... we're lucky to make it in time to get the lid up, let alone plastic! :)

2 comments:

Sami said...

Melissa had that last year sometime. It cracked us both up that they think people are actually going to cover their toilets with plastic for a WEEK! Good luck.

Lisa said...

You know us Augusta folk! We never do seem to impress you very much! I have know idea why!!!LOL

This happens to my Mom almost on a monthly basis. She did have a mess one time in her bathroom. So beware.