Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

28 things I'm forever thankful for...

Well, today is my BIRTHDAY! I'm twenty-eight (doesn't it look cool written out like that???)!!! I absolutely LOVE to celebrate a Birthday... seriously, does it get better than eating a mountain-load of sugar and being pampered all the day long??? Every year is a little sweeter and every year the Lord makes me a little more grateful. Today I'm deciding to celebrate by sharing 28 things that I'm oh so thankful for....

1. Dr. Pepper and Dove Chocolate (I bet you all were thinking I was going to put something kind and thoughtful first, huh!? Got ya!)
2. My husband - who loves me on my best and worst of days, who is strong where I am incredibly weak... and has a sense of adventure that keeps me on my toes! :)
3. Little Miss Sadie - I've never seen a child love life quite as much as she does... she reminds me to go lightly and to "not worry because it's just going to be perfect."
4. My precious baby boy (who's not gonna be a baby much longer) - he's so laid back (unless it's the middle of the night) and has a smile that can light up the room.
5. The freedom we have in America.
6. My Bible Study girls whom I get to sit criss-cross applesauce with every Monday night to grow in God's word (and grace - GIG:) and be incredibly encouraged. I'm so blessed to know each of you.
7. My really great friends... I have some of the most loyal friendships and I'm so grateful for each of you!
8. The opportunity I have to be with my children at this point in their lives.
9. A place to call home with all of our basic needs... and things we are far from needing. We live in a very blessed nation.
10. Those who have taken their time to genuinely invest in my life - Merle, T. Mac, Cooke, Deana, Angel, Brenda - from each of you I've learned and grown so much. THANK YOU!
11. The moments I have just to sit quietly.... ahhhhh...
12. My time at ESU where I spent 4 years of my life... I have such rich memories from my time there.
13. Books - I love to read and learn. :)
14. Memories I have from my Western Hills family... we are all over the place now, but I love you all so much and think of you often.
15. Super Summer... need I say more???
16. The fact that every day at 11:00 the mail comes... a stay-at-home mom's dream... the mail!
17. Rest (I don't think I would have considered this something to be thankful for a few years ago... but every time I get a good night's sleep now I feel so relieved and renewed.).
18. My family, beyond the precious three I live with... I'm blessed to have parents that cared enough for me to encourage me and support me in everything I did growing up and do now... and in-laws that love me like their own.
19. My little brother deserves a line of his own... I'm the luckiest sister in the world. No matter how much I bossed him around, made him play house/school or sung to him growing up, he loves me anyway. I'm privileged to be able to call him one of my best friends.
20. Kansas sunsets and storms... do they get any more beautiful or exciting???
21. God's timing - I'm growing to appreciate it a more and more as I get older - it is perfect and I should seriously trust it more than I do.
22. My grandparents - I'm very blessed to have been able to enjoy all four of them for 28 years.
23. The birth of both of my babies... some of my most incredible memories are with Eric during their first moments of their little lives.
24. Vehicles that get us from one place to the next...
25. A good foot rub... ahhhhh!
26. God's provision.
27. Snuggle time with my children.
28. To my Lord and Savior... for whom I'm doing my best to live each of these days for... may my life truly be an offering unto Him... giving Him the glory and praise that He deserves.

4 comments:

The Gayden's said...

Wonderful post Kristen! God is truly wonderful, isn't he? By the way...I am thankful for my time at ESU too, it was a wonderful time in my life as well. :)

Kristin

Christa said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you day is filled with Joy and laughter. You are one sweet lady and I consider myself blessed to know you!!

erin said...

Happy birthday, sweet lady.

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Such a cool post! I am glad to GIG with you! :)