Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Only in Augusta, KS...

This week, I received a "Consumer Confidence Report" regarding our water supply from the city of Augusta that I just can't bear to throw away yet... it makes me stinkin' crack up every time I look at it. To be honest, I don't actually understand everything they are reporting, but there are two things that I understand very clearly:
  • There were two water samples taken last July that returned positive with E Coli (who knows how many samples were taken or how many glasses of water I drank on the contaminated days)
  • AND Augusta has the "Best Tasting Water in Kansas" - apparently a team of "professionals" judged water samples in Kansas and picked ours the best!!!
Are you rolling on the floor laughing your head off right now... I just don't know how those two things can be documented on the same report!!!??? My friend Erin put it best... Drink on Augusta, drink on.

3 comments:

erin said...

Also...last July, and we're only now hearing about E. Coli in the water?

Christa said...

Hmm...was this before or after the water main break and we didn't have water for three days. (I think that was in August)

You crack me up!!

You know, you could have an entire section of your blog dedicated to "Only in Augusta, KS"

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

Yikes! All the sudden I'm glad to be on Rural Water! :)