Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eat your veggies....

Yes, I've been on a veggie kick lately... and not the kind out of the can that have been sitting in salt and water for Lord knows how long... here's my latest super easy, yummy treat (and even hubby likes it).

Honey Glazed Carrots

1 Cup of Water
1 t. salt
1 Pound of Carrots (remember, I'm into saving baby carrots... use the "mommy/daddy" carrots... they're much tastier)
1 T honey
1 T chopped cilantro (good w/o this too)

Bring one cup of water & salt to a boil. Peel and chop carrots into bite-sized pieces... I like to chop them on the diagonal... they are so much fun to eat that way. :) Put carrots into boiling water and cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain off the water and add honey and cilantro. Let sit for 5 minutes until the flavors mingle (aka... "hello carrot, my name is honey... nice to meet you").

Sorry for being a little fruity... I know this was supposed to be about veggies. Anyway, remember what mama told you and EAT YOUR VEGGIES.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I will try it later this week.

The Gayden's said...

Kristen-
You always have the best Veggie recipes! I tried the last you posted with my kids (they love veggies) and they loved them! I'll try this one too!

Kristin

Sarah Rahija said...

Hey, have you tried frozen peas?? I tried these with Erin when she was teething, and they are still a favorite snack ... in fact many small things that are frozen are a favorite around here. I usually just get the frozen peas at the store, but you could use fresh peas and freeze them, I'm sure. Anyway, good for motor development in the little ones and a healthy green snack for everyone!

Cara said...

I made these today--really yummy!