Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Could it be???

My brother, Brady, and I were raised on a little bit of Oak Ridge Boys Christmas. We decorated the tree as we sung these tunes and I think it was the only Christmas cassette tape we had growing up (except Mannheim Steamroller... which I consider lame-o).

A few years back, my dad purchased Brady and I an ORB Christmas CD for us to enjoy with our families... it was a wonderful idea, but I'm not sure my husband or sister-in-law have the appropriate amount of appreciation for the ORB Christmas music. All I can say is Eric better start falling in love with the Oak Ridge Boys soon BECAUSE yesterday he came home from work reporting that he heard that Oak Ridge Boys do a Christmas special in the Wichita area every couple years. I'm sitting here doing my happy dance just thinking about possibly going to see them sing a little "Christmas Carol." Does it get any better than this???

4 comments:

Christa said...

Oooh, when I was a little girl my parents took me to an Oak Ridge Boys concert that was after an Omaha Royals game. All the cheerleaders from all the surrounding schools were there and danced to all the songs. I have great memories of that night.

I hope you get to see them.

erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin said...

Oh, Kristen, I have seen Mannheim Steamroller in concert. They had a miniature village set up in the middle of the coliseum and people kept walking down to take pictures. OF FAKE BUILDINGS. Then, during their most famous song (I forget the name), "snow" started falling from the ceiling and everyone immediately began taking pictures. It was one of the funniest moments I've experienced. All those people, in their Christmas reindeer sweaters, taking pictures of fake snow as it fell on fake buildings.

Melinda said...

Too funny! When I was about growing up, my parents listened to the Oak Ridge boys, and I had one of their cassette tapes. I remember singing "Elvira" with all my heart. I hadn't thought about that forever! You have to go to their concert!