Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Save the Silly Bands

First off, I would like to say that if I had known shaped rubber bands were going to be the hottest trend in 2010, I would have invented them myself. They remind me of the POG craze of the 90's... they have no purpose AND they cause a lot of clutter.

As I was tidying up today I was terribly annoyed to see that we have Silly Bands all over the place. I found 2 by the coffee pot, some on the living room floor, a generous handful of them hiding in the corner of the doll house and about 6 or 7 in our bedroom (for the record, Eric and I do not wear Silly Bands). They are just the right size to be overlooked as you clean and before you know it, Silly Band's begin to take over the house.

I understand that the Silly Band clutter is partially my fault because I have not given the Silly Bands a "home." Honestly, how does one store Silly Bands??? Please, share how you organize your Silly Bands because my children's are about to find storage in File 13.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We resisted buying any because our kids wanted them, but they don't actually want to wear them! We just have one package (25 bands), and Aubrey keeps them in her Disney Princess tackle box which is home to her most "prized" toys.

Mandy said...

I'm so behind on your blog! Wow! You had a busy week!

When I find them, they mostly go into their underwear drawer. I keep some in Kristen's hair drawer because, well, that is just where those types of things sometimes end up.