Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Just a bunch of random thoughts...

Here are a bunch of random thoughts that aren't nearly beefy enough for a post of their own. :) Welcome to my brain.
  • When we were a double income family, I had a method of Christmas shopping that would drive Dave Ramsey crazy. It was the BOGO approach and went something like this... buy a gift for my mom, buy something for me, buy a gift for Eric, buy something for me, buy a gift for my brother, buy something for me... this method kept me motivated through the mall. Now my motivation is to stick to the list, use as many coupons as possible and try to get most of my shopping done online.
  • Oak Ridge Boys is my all time favorite Christmas Album. I have not listened to it once this season. That needs to change.
  • When we were doing advent last night, we were reviewing all the alphabet. We were on the letter P and were reviewing that Jesus was the only perfect person to walk the earth. Cole strongly disagreed with, "No! I perfect, I perfect." We tried to explain otherwise, but gave up to avoid a major meltdown.
  • Today is Sadie's first school program. I nearly booked myself to substitute today... that would have been terrible. Can't wait to see the adorableness that oozes from her little class. So thankful for her incredible teacher.
  • My favorite dessert right now - s'mores... I make them in the oven and they are oh.so.good.... with a Dr. Pepper, of course.
  • Today I need to clean my bathroom, dust the floors, vacuum and wrap packages... I wonder how much of that will be accomplished??!! Bathroom must be done - hands down.
  • Tomorrow two of my besties are coming for a visit!!! I can hardly wait! They are each bringing their three kids... how did I get so far behind on the child production??? Hmmm... anyway, I am praying that all of us wake up healthy in the morning so our wonderful day together can actually happen!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I really enjoy reading your blog entries, even non-beefy ones :) Just wanted to let you know!