Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

For the love... WHY?

Today I had our day all planned out...

10:00 - Sadie gymnastics
10:30 - Journey from El Dorado into Wichita running errands along the way...
-The Book Grinder - I wanted to check out this cute little book nook
-Walgreens - to hit their weekly sales, of course
-Aldi's - for our weekly supply of fresh fruits and veggies
-Famous Footwear - Sadie needs some new shoes & I'm secretly hoping for a BOGO sale
-TJ Maxx - to pick up a baby gift
12:00 - Stop to feed hungry mouths, including my own.
12:30 - Finish up errands and MAYBE squeeze in a trip to Hallmark if I'm lucky.

Well GUESS WHAT!? We made it to The Book Grinder when my little 2 year old friend started acting like the 2 year old you swore you would never have. How is it that you can do all this training at home, discipline, striving for consistency... the whole nine yards and then you go into public and she pulls this number... all while trying to balance a 7 month screaming baby in his car seat?!

I couldn't handle it, we packed up and came home... but I did stop for a stiff Dr. Pepper on the way. Judge if you will... maybe I should have been super mom and trucked on to finish our list... but this mama hasn't had a full night sleep in almost 7 months and I was thinking there might be 2 of us acting like 2 year olds if we continued our errands. For the love... I guess we'll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

erin said...

I hear ya! Why do they act up in public when they're (mostly) sweeties at home? Sorry for the trauma! =)

Melinda said...

Hoh boy. I don't blame you one bit for packing it home. I hardly remember the days when I leisurely did my shopping. Now, if I want new clothes, I throw something into the cart at Wal-Mart and hope it fits. Ha!