Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On the third day...

I have been so refreshed over the last few weeks!!! In January I began the journey through the book of Esther with a few gals from my MOPS group. It's been a good opportunity for me... I've been able to get to know some new girls, enjoy some adult conversation, and fall in love all over again with the Word of God!

Each week the Lord has pointed something out to me... sometimes encouraging and hopeful, sometimes convicting and challenging. This week's lesson is on timing... ah, timing... In our video series this week (it's the study Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman), Beth Moore was pointing out that you've got to know when your timing is right. She gave some examples on when the timing was right in scripture, but the trend intrigued me so-much-so that I had to research this a little more in detail. Check it out...

Esther 5:1
"On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court... "(Esther is preparing to go see the King... it's the beginning of her journey to rescue the Jews from the edict that's out sentencing them to death.)

Exodus 19:11
"...and be ready by the third day, because on that day the Lord will come down on Mt. Sinai in the sight of all people." (On this day Moses led the people to meet with God and they were given the 10 Commandments... in essence leading the Israelites to a plan of how they should live.)

Hosea 6:2
"After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence."

John 2:1
"On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee..." (This scripture describes the 1st miracle performed by Jesus... turning water into wine.)

Matthew 16:21
"From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life." (His death and resurrection... the very thing that gives us life!)

It would appear that the third day is an important day in scripture... a day that brings life and hope to people. A day that provides restoration. And as the Jews believe, a day of relief from dire distress. Are you waiting for your third day... for that timing to be just right? Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and not delay (Habakkuk 2:3).

2 comments:

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

That was so cool! :)

By the way, I love your comment. I didn't mention in my post that I drove to the other Target to buy more! I must have the same sickness you do! Ha.

Linda Born said...

This post blessed my heart. What if I were to refuse to prepare during the two days preceding that blessed third day? What if I gave up on day 2? Lord grant me perseverance and patience to cooperate with Your perfect timing. Thanks for this post, Kristen.