Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Hot List

In the evening, Wally, my new favorite DJ, does "The Hot List" on Total Axxess. People send their top 5 songs in Christian Radio... if their list is selected, they are part of the show and share their "Hot List" on radio. Eric and I LOVE this... we like to try to guess what people will choose by what they "sound" like on the radio... you know, you can normally guess someones music taste from the way they talk... and if you can't tell by their voice, you'll have them nailed after their 1st song pick selection.

Anyway... I want to hear your "Hot Lists"... music only please, not your movie star hotties (another day, another blog... LOL). :) Christian/Non-Christian... send me your "Hot Lists"... maybe we'll all find something new for our playlists! Have fun!!!

My Hot List:
5. Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin
4. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
3. Click, Click, Click, Click by Bishop Allen
2. Captivate Us by Watermark
1. Chicken Fried (with Dr. Pepper on a Friday Night) by Zac Brown Band - if Eric and I knew how to dance, I'd make him cut a rug with me on this one!

Your turn! Comment, Comment, Comment!

4 comments:

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

I love the chicken fry song! It is so cute and catchy! :)

I love so many songs but can never remember the exact name of each one.

1. Brick House (don't judge me! I ran my 2 mile race with this in my mp3 player)
2. My Girl (danced with my Dad to that song at my wedding)
3. It's always better when we're together (have no idea who sings this...my brother in law used the music as a background for a family video with the past years photos...it was beautiful)
4. We live, we love by some Christian band (my husband was singing it to my newborn baby in the hospital)
5 We are family...I got all my sisters with me! (this one is obvious)

I didn't realize how much music has imprinted important moments for me. Cool!

I just thought of another one. The night I miscarried (my sweet baby between the boys) God was singing this song to my soul...

"Hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord your worthy of all the glory, all the honor and all the praise!"

And when hubby's life was spared from a potentially deadly car crash I heard, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow..." The doxology just kept going through my head!

Hmmm...that was more than you bargained for!

MamaOnTheRun33 said...

Wow! I had to laugh at Neil Diamond, mainly because I'm sure you love the song due to it being well-known in Boston! :)
AND...I had to laugh at your No. 1 song, because Jack absolutely LOVES that song!! What fun!
Hope you guys are doing well.

Melinda said...

Top five? How can one narrow it down so far! Here are the some songs that came to mind. I am sure there are others too...

1. One True God (Mark Harris)
2. Song to the King (Pocket Full of Rocks)
3. Hold Me Jesus (Big Daddy Weave)
4. Untitled Hymn (Chris Rice)
5. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You (James Taylor)

This last one would be our "song" if Brian and me had one. As I look at this list I can't believe I have missed something by Todd Agnew, who I love, or Jeremy Camp, who I listen to constantly. Or Johnny Cash or John Denver (Brian's love for classic country has rubbed off on me.) But alas, a list of 5 doesn't leave much room!
By the way, I have had that Chicken Fried song in my head for days. Very catchy little tune!

Sami said...

Okay, these are more my current top 5 songs. It was too hard to narrow down my all-time favorites.

5. Give Me Your Eyes-Brandon Heath
4. Savior Please-Josh Wilson
3. There Will Be A Day-Jeremy Camp
2. If We Are The Body-Casting Crowns
1. Amazing Grace(My Chains Are Gone)-Chris Tomlin

Songs have always had a strong impact on my life and it always helps to have a praise song to turn to.