Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Mommy's Nap

I have been exhausted this week... between a sick, teething baby, a 2 year old that's been talking in her sleep and trying to find the "right" pillow, I haven't gotten much sleep. I woke up today ready for a nap and CrAnKy. After lunch I planned to lay down for awhile (or all afternoon if I could swing it). Here's how it went down (or didn't)...

  • Snuggled up in my bed on my new pillow... by the way, I think I like the new pillow.
  • Two minutes later... Cole cries (how do they know when we lay down?) - he's hungry.
  • Feed baby... dozing while he eats.
  • Baby needs a diaper change.
  • Lay him on my bed... big mistake... he'd blown out his diaper and now I have baby poop on my sheets.
  • Change and Clean baby.
  • Strip sheets.
  • Switch out the laundry and fold a load of clothes.
  • Sheets hit the wash.
  • Cole thinks it's play time.
  • Cole lays back down for his nap.
  • I lay down on the couch with my head covered... hoping I am invisible.
  • Sadie plops a toy right on the bridge of my nose... I probably make a bigger deal of it than it really is.
  • Sadie wants to read a book... Daddy reads it instead.
  • Eric has to leave for a meeting at church.
  • Mommy reports back to duty.
Ahhhh... the joys of motherhood! :)

1 comment:

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

This post makes me tired! It is so hard to be a Mommy when you need rest! :)