Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Romans 15:13a

I've still been working on memorizing two verses of scripture every month.  I think so far I have memorized 12 since January, which means I've missed a couple here and there... but I'm rejoicing over the words I've memorized and am so excited when they come to mind in different circumstances.

I recently shared that I've been teaching Sadie Psalm 56:3 as she prepares for school - "When I'm afraid I will trust in God."

Truth be told, as I've been teaching her those words and reviewing them with her, I have been desperately praying that God would help me to trust Him with her.  It's so hard for me to start new seasons of life in parenting (really anything new freaks me out), but I'm constantly reminded that He knows our children's deepest needs before we ever get a glimpse of them.  The last few days I have been working on memorizing Romans 15:13a - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him."


God has proven faithful time and time again and more than trustworthy.  It is my prayer that in this new season, called Kindergarten, that He would indeed fill me with joy and  peace as I trust in Him with Sadie.

No comments: