Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trying not to hold her too tightly...

1st Day of Kindergarten

The August 23rd entry in my Jesus Calling book by Sarah Young really resonated yesterday....
Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care.  They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands.  If you let your loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one - as well as yourself. 

When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand.  As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them.  My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest.  This same Presence stays with you as you relax and place your trust in Me.  Watch and see what I will do.

1 comment:

Linda Born said...

Ooohhhh I just read this tonight. Right on the heels of my exercise in bravely releasing precious Daniel into Jesus' care as he had a surgery that in my heart I did not want him to have, speaking encouragement in faith when my heart was hollering NOOOO...this reading blessed me. Thank you for this, Kristen. Daniel has received blessing because of our faith, and this reading affirms it.