Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Because yummy green beans make me happy

I have never liked fresh boiled green beans. It seems like you can boil them and boil them and boil them and they still come out a little on the crunchy side... in my opinion the only thing worth eating out of a pan of boiled green beans is the butter soaked bacon.

Last summer I became addicted to roasting veggies. We ate roasted carrots, potatoes, asparagus and cauliflower... and everybody (well, most everybody) loved it. So, last week I came across a recipe that included roasted green beans... I hadn't even thought of roasting green beans... THEY ARE SO GOOD. And tender. And flavorful. And so yummy you will want to eat the whole batch BY YOURSELF. So, I'm passing along this wonderfully delicious and healthy green bean recipe... enjoy!


Roasted Green Beans
12 oz green beans
1 T olive oil
3/4 t. salt

Mix the ingredients in a bowl until the beans are well coated. Spread beans out on a cookie sheet in a single layer (I cover mine with parchment). Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks delicious! Did you use fresh or frozen green beans??

Kristen said...

I have not tried this with frozen beans... give it a try and let me know how they do! :)