Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I can't hold them forever...

Thoughts from my journal this month...

It's a hot morning, but have found a beautiful place under a shade tree to sit, write and reflect as I watch Sadie and Cole play together. That's good stuff. Thank you Jesus for their precious lives. For their love of life and sense of discovery. Thank you for Sadie's incredible imagination and Cole's love for sifting through rocks, dirt and sand. I look at them daily and am completely amazed with how wonderfully you have made them.

Some days I wish they would freeze at the age they are right now. Any more it seems that although the days are sometimes long, the months fly by. Some days I feel like if they stayed three and one forever that MAYBE I could protect them with every ounce of my being. As a mommy it breaks my heart to think that in the days ahead there will be times they are scared, hurt, confused, teased and wounded. Protect them, Lord, as they grow. When these days come, give them strength to trust you and walk with you. Help me, as their mommy to trust YOU with their precious lives and understand that the trials they will see could very well be what deepens their faith.

Give them sweet days, Lord Jesus, and as they continue to grow, give me whatever it takes to release them into your power and protection.

2 comments:

Sami said...

Awe. That makes me want to cry. I have those thoughts all the time too. Nothing like sending your kids to public school to make you trust in the Lord. Or buying or trampoline or taking them to the pool. Okay, just having them forces you to trust God with their lives everyday. Praise Him for caring about each and every child.

Jennifer said...

Such sweet thoughts & prayers! Thank you for sharing them with us. It's hard to believe how much they've grown in the few months you all have lived here. They are precious in His sight!