Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Veggie-licious


You know I love to eat veggies when I take a picture of them so you can see how yummy they look... I wish you could have a taste!!! I have found that I absolutely LOVE roasted vegetables... here's the recipe I've been making for us lately!

Roasted Potatoes, Carrots & Asparagus (this serves 3ish)
Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
Cut 6 new potatoes in half. Drizzle with 1 t. of Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay out flat on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.

While the potatoes are roasting, cut 5-6 carrots (use regular carrots... save the babies for another meal) in half lengthwise and place on one end of a separate cookie sheet. Drizzle with 1 t. Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Take your potatoes out of the oven and toss them with 1/2 t. dried rosemary. Return the potatoes to the oven and also put the carrots in the oven. Bake 5 minutes.

Prepare your asparagus with the same sprinkle/drizzle method as the potatoes and carrots.

Take your carrots out of the oven, toss them and add the asparagus to the carrot cookie sheet. Bake everything for an additional 10 minutes. Serve it up and enjoy!

It's a lot of drizzling, sprinkling, tossing and roasting... but so worth every bite. :)

Here's another roasting recipe I'm going to put on the menu for next week. Let me know if you try it before me!

Roasted Cauliflower
2 T Olive Oil
4 Cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 head of cauliflower, cut in small florets

Set oven to 425 degrees. Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl until cauliflower is coated with oil. Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast 35-45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for the last 15 minutes, until cauliflower is a dark brown color, but not burnt. Enjoy! :)

Happy roasting everyone... might as well get some good roasting practice in as marshmallow season is right around the corner! :) Who knows... you might love these veggies so much that you'll trade out 'mallows on your skewer for some yummy veggies!

7 comments:

Christa said...

That sounds delish!!! I might have to try a little roasting.

erin said...

No wonder you are so slim! You eat your veggies. I eat lots and lots of fruit, but the veggies are harder for me. Your recipe makes them look much more interesting than my standard boiling them and salting them!

Anonymous said...

I will try the Cauliflower next week for sure. I have asparagus for tomorrow night. When we grill this is how we do it:

I simply lay out a piece or two of tin foil, lay the asparagus out on it, and sprinkle with olive oil and lemon pepper. Roll it up and put it on the grill with everything else. We serve the asparagus long and let Brandon eat it with his fingers.

Kristen said...

Who knew that veggies could get you girls so excited! I was certain that I would have zero comments on this post! You even surprised my husband with your comments. Get down with your veggie selves.

Melinda said...

My mom loves veggies this way and is always talking about how good they are. I need to try it out...perhaps Daniel will like them too. But, I won't hold my breath on that one...he is one picky eater!

Anonymous said...

At the grocery store yesterday I could not remember exactly which vegetables I was doing, so I bought cauliflower and full-size carrots. I am going to do both in the cauliflower recipe tonight.

MomOhrt said...

Well I tried the veggies last night and Paul and I both loved them. We were almost like kids fighting over candy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.