Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

14 summers...

Earlier today I was thinking about how much I'm enjoying the summer routine... or lack-there-of.  The kids have been getting along particularly well this week.  We've had fun outside.  We've painted.  Been to the park.  The library.  I really love summer break. 

As I was pondering all this, I suddenly had one of my weird mom moments.  I try not to be the weird mom, but let's be honest - sometimes, I just am.  Anyway... in my weird mom moment, I realized that I only have 14 summers left with Sadie.  14.  Seriously.  I kinda wanted to cry.  More like I really wanted to cry.  So, I quickly had a discussion with myself and decided to get a grip. 

Fast forward to tonight.  I've been clicking around checking in on the blogs I love to read and came across this. Really?!  What are the odds that The Nester would actually count up how many summers she has left with her kids and blog about it today???  So now, I want to cry again.  I would like to personally thank The Nester for thinking like me.  You may be my long lost sister.  AND, as The Nester so eloquently put it, "May this summer be slow and full of wonder."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Or you could be like me and think, "I only have 12 years until I'm completely an empty nester" YIKES!!!! Instead of saving for college I'm saving for therapy!