Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Still memorizing....

I love when I am working on memorizing a certain segment of scripture and then all of a sudden you hear someone quote a portion of it as your visiting with them.  It's like a little nudge from the Lord that this is where your supposed to be... this is what He wants you to know.  That happened to me this week!

For the beginning of May, I am working on, Jeremiah 6:16 (ESV):
Thus says the Lord: stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it; and find rest for your souls.
Rest for your souls.... I love that.  How many of us are looking for that today!?  It's found in following the Lord... it's not the easy-nothing-bad-will-ever-happen-to-me-life... but a life of rest and peace in the midst of our days of greatest joy and our days of chaos.  Praise Him!

No comments: