Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just a bunch of random thoughts...

  • Sadie is in her second week of Preschool and loves it. I'm so thankful. Today her favorite thing at school was, "EVERYTHING." The worst thing... "taking my backpack out of my cubby and dropping it on some toys." Oh, to have the worries of a preschooler again.

    I pray that she is a blessing to her teachers and her friends. I pray that in some small way this little journey to preschool will give us yet another opportunity to change the world for Christ.

  • My Grandpa has been gone almost a year now. Some days it seems like yesterday that I was sipping Coca-Cola and playing Old Maid with him. I want to be as generous as he was... the man loved delivering homemade bread or doughnuts to hardware stores and doctor's offices. He even traded bread for pill samples. Too cute. Maybe I could start by taking some cookies to our neighbor lady next week... because I don't need any pills. :)

  • I was so blessed yesterday by a virtual conference called JustONE for pastor's wives and women in leadership. It's a FREE conference going on every Tuesday for the next six weeks. It was just what I've been needing to get me out of an attitude funk... some days (or weeks... or *ahem* months) are just a little funkier than others. I'm thankful for this opportunity!

  • Our church has been given a building in the last month... a 10,000 square foot building in an area of town that is ripe for ministry! Can we say incredible??? While the building had been left in tip top condition, we are making some changes to adapt it for the ministry we've been called to. This week we've started working on the nursery and children's areas... lots of wallpaper stripping, priming and painting going on... it is so exciting! Seriously.

  • I need to do a 30 B4 30 blog update soon... BUT I will tell you I have one quick read left on my summer reading list and have started putting together my fall reading list that I will share soon, also.

  • "Let your passion become a passionate pursuit of Christ. And as you follow, the sheep will follow." - Charles Swindoll

  • I have seriously ridiculous amounts of housework that I should be doing today... do you think it would be okay to go make an ice cream chocolate crunch cake instead??? I mean, the laundry and smashed goldfish on the carpet aren't going to be going anywhere...

  • I hope that you are having a super lovely day! Post one of your random thoughts today! :)

No comments: