Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Boston in the Fall

In the midst of the craziness of September... Eric getting a new job, trying to sell our house, packing and planning... Eric and I managed to sneak away to Boston for a few days!!! :) Normally we wouldn't have taken a vacation during such a hectic time, but the trip had been planned for months, so I practiced my deep breathing and away we went. It was lovely to get away and just be TOGETHER! Here's some pics of our Boston memories!

We stayed at the Boston Omni Parker Hotel... still not sure how we scored this hotel for the price... it was historic and beautiful...
They even knew some Kansans were coming, so they greeted us with the state flower (I think I'm getting older because I'm starting to take pictures of cut flowers)....
This was the first vacation I've ever taken where my feet didn't hit the ground running in a shopping mall... very strange.... we spent the entire time at Eric's heaven on earth... Fenway Park. This was in celebration of his 30th... so I let it slide (ha, ha... get it... slide... I REALLY am getting old) this time...
We even took the Fenway tour (hence the empty seats) and watched Kevin Youkilis pull into his parking spot... be still my soul.
Here's Eric trying to keep from doing his happy dance...
And a classic pic of me with Wally... this is the reason Sadie now wants to go to Boston. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so thankful you two got to have this trip together! (Especially before the chaos of a move) God is so good!