Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm a blogger! :)

A few months ago my husband told me I should start a blog (apparently he thinks my life is pretty interesting)... I could think of a million reasons (well, maybe not that many) NOT to start a blog... it would be one more thing to do, it would force me to be creative (mushy mommy brain has seemed to squelch much of my creativity), it would bring me to the point of transparency before the world (because I'm pretty sure EVERYONE will be reading my musings)...

Well, the other day I was in the shower (where most of my thinking takes place... because it's the ONLY quiet I get to enjoy these days) and it came to me.... Daisies 'N Dump Trucks! That was half the battle... I now had a name for my blog that I had been making excuses over!

Daisies 'N Dump Trucks for two simple reasons:
- This phase of my life is a lot of picking flowers and playing with toys - I have a 2 year old little girl, Sadie (whom we refer to our little firecracker) and a 3 month old baby boy named Cole. Our lives together are an adventure... and everyday it's something new! :)
- AND it seems that life in general is like Daisies 'N Dump Trucks... one moment you're running through flower-filled fields picking the most beautiful bouqets and blowing the tops off of the fluffiest dandilions AND the next moment you feel like an over sized florecent green truck is fixing to dump a load of stinky garbage right on top of you (always failing to engage the safety beep)!

I hope you enjoy this space where I hope to share the good, the bad and the ugly... my life as a wife, mommy, friend and follower of Christ. So... here's to Daisies 'N Dump Trucks and everything in between! :) Happy reading!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I agree with you about the shower being the only place to think. I look forward to seeing what goes on in your life!

Melinda said...

I love the title, sister. Mushy mommy brain, my foot. You are one creative chick!

Kristen said...

I have officially added you to my blog list. I think this one will be my favorite.

Kristen said...

whoops, that last comment was Eric not Kristen

Beth said...

I love your blogspot. You are so creative, and the name you chose is appropriate for this time in you life

Linda Born said...

I love the name of your blog! Blogging blessings your way.

erin said...

I love the name of your blog! When you told me the name I thought it was because of your kiddoes, but I love the flower field / dump truck analogy.

I can't wait to read more of your musings!