Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

sock it to me... or not

I LOVE the warmer months of the year... summer camp, swimming pools, fireflies, ball games, my birthday (and Sadie's & Cole's birthday, too)... but best of all... I'm ALWAYS WARM and I get to wear my fav... the flip flop... allowing the 'ol socks to be put to rest for awhile!

You see, I have nothing against the beauty of socks. In fact, I have a whole drawer full of argyle, striped, and polka dotted socks (which I've been trying to figure out how these fit into my wardrobe being that the new shoes of the season do not support sock wearing)... along with the plain jane footies that always slide off my foot when I'm sportin' my kicks.

It seems that we need to discuss the FUNCTION of socks, however. You see, socks seem to work just fine as long as they are accompanied by a pair of shoes... but I would like to say that socks don't have a chance at standing alone. Remember this.... "Well, put on some socks if your feet are cold!"... but seriously, does that warm any one's feet up wearing socks???!!! Not mine!

I think Eric is starting to believe my theory that socks only trap in the cold... after all, he gets to live with the test sample to this theory... and I must say, that at the end of the day, it's not a pair of socks that warm up these tootsies... it's him... and thank you Lord that you made one of us warm blooded!

No comments: